Guidelines to Submit
The Floyd Hooker Foundation — a trust established by Floyd “Vic” Hooker in his will to benefit the children in Tioga County. The Floyd Hooker Foundation supports grants in the areas of helping children in Tioga County. Grants are limited to qualified tax exempt organizations that benefit the children in Tioga County.
Grants fund operational (limited funding), equipment, capital and special project needs. All capital improvement and large purchases (single purchases in excess of $10,000) must submit 3 bids for the work/equipment being purchased.
Emphasis is placed on organizations with clear goals and objectives that demonstrate their results with measurable outcomes.
The Floyd Hooker Foundation limits its grant making activities to tax-exempt organizations serving the children who live in Tioga County, New York, and does not make grants to individuals or churches for religious purposes.
Only one grant may be awarded to the same organization for the same purpose during the same calendar year. The Foundation calendar year will run from January 1st through December 31st.
Any recipients that have received previous grants from the Floyd Hooker Foundation and have not submitted their final report will not be considered for additional grant funding until the final report has been submitted for their previous grant(s).
The Floyd Hooker Foundation will be seeking grant applications to fund projects that will benefit the children of Tioga County. The deadline to submit regular grant applications is May 31, 2015.
We have a new process for submitting grant applications this year. Please review the following information to ensure you have all the required documents submitted before the May 31, 2015 deadline.
- The online application can be downloaded here: Download Application.
- The application is a fillable pdf so you can save it and complete the application. Once you have completed the application and have all the required attachments please upload them here: Upload Documents.
- In addition to the application you will also need to complete a “Project Budget” that outlines all the costs/expenses associated with your project along with outlining the funding sources being used to pay for the project. The project budget will also serve as your final report once the project is completed as you will fill in the actual expenditures column and submit your required invoices. The project budget form can be downloaded here: Project Budget.
- The following attachments must be uploaded with your application:
- IRS Tax Exempt Letter – do not submit NYS information, only IRS exemption is acceptable.
- Evidence that this application has the approval of the Board of Directors (copy of minutes form recent board meeting authorizing the submission of a grant to the Floyd Hooker Foundation).
- Project Budget – this form is downloaded from our website must be completed in full and uploaded with your application.
- Estimates for project – if you have estimates for the work to be completed please upload.
- Balance Sheet for your organization - cannot be more than 90 days old