THE 2014 REGULAR GRANT CYCLE IS CLOSED FOR 2014 APPLICATIONS!
THE CAPITAL PROJECTS GRANT CYCLE CLOSES ON APRIL 30, 2014.
The Floyd Hooker Foundation will be opening 2 rounds of grants for the 2014 grant cycle. We will be accepting grants for our regular grant cycle along with a special grant cycle for capital projects. Please note the information below along with the due date for the grants as they are different depending on the type of grant you are applying.
The Floyd Hooker Foundation will be seeking grant applications to fund projects that will benefit the children of Tioga County. Online applications can be submitted at www.hookerfoundation.org. Grant guidelines are available on the website for additional information. The deadline to submit regular grant applications is April 4, 2014.
The Floyd Hooker Foundation will be seeking applications for capital projects which benefit the children of Tioga County. The Foundation has allocated $500,000 to fund capital projects with a minimum grant of $50,000 in the 2014 year. Depending upon the scope and number of projects, additional monies may be available. For more information please review the Capital Projects guidelines at www.hookerfoundation.org. The deadline to submit capital project applications is April 30, 2014.
Grant Requirements for capital projects:
- At least 5% owner capital contribution injected into the project
- Documented statement showing how the project benefits the youth of Tioga County
- Business plan showing the ability to maintain and operate the capital project after completion
- Documentation showing that the project is part of a long term capital plan and part of the mission of the applicant
- Statement documenting that without such funding the project cannot be completed
- At least two (2) Letters of support from unrelated agencies or organizations indicating the need and support for the project.
- All capital improvement and large purchases (single purchases in excess of $10,000) must submit 3 bids for the work/equipment being purchased.
- For any construction Project, the Recipient shall require that any contractors, vendors and/or subcontractors carry workman’s compensation and minimum Comprehensive Liability Insurance in an amount of not less than $500,000 per claim or occurrence. Such insurance shall name the Recipient and FHF as an additional insured on such policy.
The intent of this funding is to entice and act as a catalyst for capital projects that are necessary for the youth of Tioga County. We encourage organizations to think outside the box and be creative.
Grants fund operational (limited funding), equipment, capital and special project needs. All capital improvement and large purchases (single purchases in excess of $10,000) must submit 3 bids for the work/equipment being purchased.
Emphasis is placed on organizations with clear goals and objectives that demonstrate their results with measurable outcomes.
The Floyd Hooker Foundation limits its grant making activities to tax-exempt organizations serving the children who live in Tioga County, New York, and does not make grants to individuals or churches for religious purposes.
Only one grant may be awarded to the same organization for the same purpose during the same calendar year. The Foundation calendar year will run from January 1st through December 31st.
Any recipients that have received previous grants from the Floyd Hooker Foundation and have not submitted their final report will not be considered for additional grant funding until the final report has been submitted for their previous grant(s).
We recommend that you use Chrome, Firefox and another form of internet browser instead of Internet Explorer. There appears to be a problem with Internet Explorer not working properly with our website.